Thursday, April 14, 2011

I Have Burger News Ta Tell You

OK, I have to admit something I never thought I would. I've found a burger BETTER than In-N-Out. Yes, it's true. I've been a staunch In-N-Out Burger guy since high school. But there's a hot, juicy new burger that's taken my carnivorous heart. It is the Single Cheese Burger at 5 Guys Burgers . What is 5 Guys, you might ask? It's an East Coast chain that is just coming out here. I had seen them many times in Florida, but never stopped by. What a dummy I am!


7945 Haven, Rancho Cucamonga,CA 91730

(909)941-9055

Here's where 5 Guys makes my beloved In-N-Out second best. First of all, when you walk in, you are greeted by giant boxes of peanuts. Because the line for burgers in literally out the door, you'll have plenty of time to eat a handful.And in the wonderful Haitian tradition, you are expected to toss your shells on the floor. Any place that lets you toss peanut shells on the floor is my kinda' joint.


But back to the burgers. Not only are they fresh ground and cooked, but the topping list is insane.You can get the regular lettuce/tomato/onion/pickle combo, BUT WAIT..THERE'S MORE! You can get sautéed mushrooms, jalapeños, A-1 Steak Sauce, green peppers and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the fresh cut Cajun fries as well. I had it on good authority to be sure to try them. Let me just tell you that the velocity with which those fries were inhaled makes me appreciate the body of work my source put into their research.


So if you want to fall in love all over again, you might venture to the N/E corner of Foothill & Haven, in the Terra Vista Towne Center. The restaurant faces out onto Haven. The place will be easy to find. It will have a line out the door,and peanut shells everywhere.


ENJOY!